Welcome to Moreland Turkish Association’s website.
The Moreland Turkish Association is a volunteer, community organisation which aims to:
- build the relationship between Turkish Australians and the community of Moreland and across the state of Victoria through educational and social intercultural and inter-faith activities;
- support Turkish Australians to become active and engaged members of the commuity in which they live;
- contribute to the building of relationships and understanding between Australia and Turkey; and
- provide support for disadvantaged people regardless of their age, religion, ethnicity, language or cultural background.
The Association’s Aim’s & Objectives:
- The Association shall defend basic human rights and freedoms which have been granted by way of International treaties and agreements and shall make an effort for these rights to be implemented.
- To promote recognition that Turkish culture is a valued part of Australia’s multicultural heritage.
- To attend where possible and assist all individuals with Turkish cultural backgrounds fir their economic, democratic, cultural, social, educational, housing, and health needs within Australian.
- Provides essential information on welfare issues covering areas of legal, financial housing, employment, health migrational, and recreational institutions of Australian society so that the participants will enhance their ability to intergrade and settle prosperously within their new society.
- To promote the awareness of Turkish culture and participate in promoting solidarity and cultural exchange between different cultures which make up the Australia unique multicultural mosaic;
- To promote a greater understanding of the importance of equality for all cultural backgrounds.
- To assist and promote support for the solidarity of people from Turkey and discourage any attempt to divide the unity and the harmony of the community as a whole
- To provide learning opportunities and information geared towards helping low income families & individuals and establish resources in which families & individuals are involved and participate; providing pleasure & enjoyment, friendship, motivation and mutual self respect;
- To develop ways of creating change, to offer opportunities for work, learning children’s programs, belonging to something and feeling needed;
- To foster mutual support amongst the members of community to strengthen their confidence and self-esteem by regaining and retaining emotional, social and physical dignity;
- To help and create groups to cater for needs of handicapped people of all age groups and gender backgrounds in the area of physical, emotional. Social and intellectual disabilities;
- To participate in the development of the community paying particular attention to women, children, youth, elderly, and other disadvantaged individuals;
- To promote initiatives to achieve the cooperation of various cultural groups to deal with common problems of the community and channel all human resources towards strengthening the unity of Australian community;
- To promote and assist in the integration process of our diverse cultural reality in Australia and promote the state of Victoria;
- Where and whenever required assist the needy for their well being;
- To promote community development strategies grounded in community research and individual empowerment;